Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mommy has lost 33 pounds since delivery! WOOO! I still have about 40 to lose though. I've set up "Miss Rachel Riot's Incredible Shrinking Woman plan" and have all my goals posted on the fridge. 5 pounds at a time, and for every five pounds I lose I get a prize :) A new pair of heels, a sexy bra, etc. Motivation is coming back :)

I'm slowly learning how to balance Miss Rachel Riot with being a mommy. Laila is amazing. She smiles now and will start giggling any day now. It's super exciting.

I'm trying to stay involved with the burlesque troupe in Raleigh, but they've added all these new people that I've never even met. It really does feel like a slap in the face since I co-founded the troupe, that they really don't want to include me in anything. It's a shitty left out feeling.

I did, however, start my own production company called Riot Here, Riot Now Productions. I am producing three events in December and am also representing two local performers and handling bookings for them. Now I have a way to stay involved and make some cash.

As soon as I lose about 20 more pounds, I'm going to send out emails to all my burlesque ladies in other cities and see if I can book some shows outside of my comfort zone. I will be much happier when I'm back in action :)

One of my friends in Fayetteville suggested making goals of fun stuff to do and things I'd like to learn. So David and I made a goals list on our white board that we can see every day. I'm supposed to learn to knit, take aerials, and send in auditions for the Southern Fried Burlesque Fest before Christmas. We are also planning on taking country dance lessons together. We went to a country bar last night to check out the dancers.

There's a lot of change going on, still. Some of it is really hard, and I'm learning who my real friends are. (There aren't many of them). I'm also learning that people treat you like you are completely un-cool when you're a mom and have a bunch of weight to lose. Never mind that I'm still the same person on the inside. All in all, there are a lot of exciting things going on and I'm super stoked to feel like a productive member of society again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment