Thursday, July 1, 2010

Heavy Rebel is this weekend...

...and I'm pretty stoked that this is the last event I have to worry about for awhile. When I found out I was pregnant I thought I'd still wear heels all the time and be cute and still do burlesque stuff. Hahahaha, was I wrong or what??? I figured planning events would be no big deal and I could sell a ton of merch and make some money, etc.

At this point, it's 11pm on Thursday night. We have to leave at 9am and head to Raleigh in the morning to pick up the Wiggle Room shirts from the screenprinter, then head to Winston-Salem. David and I spent a lot of money on supplies to make pasties and hair flowers for the merch table, and right now I've got one hair flower and maybe 12 pairs of pasties. David is way craftier than me and his stuff all looks better than mine. I've been so overwhelmed today that I rush through everything and it ends up looking like crap.

The kitchen table is covered in glitter and sequins and rhinestones and fabric. The kitchen is a mess from where I tried to dye a dress, but after 3 tries it is still a pale turquoise instead of the bright green I was going for. I haven't packed anything yet, and I still have to go to the copy shop and pick up flyers.

Surprisingly enough, barely any of this is due to procrastination. I've probably spent over 100 hours doing Heavy Rebel stuff, and to anyone else it probably doesn't look like I've had to do that much, but coordinating about 45 people is a huge pain in the ass!

I am still looking forward to the weekend, but if I knew how it was going to feel to be seven months pregnant doing all of this stuff, I would have backed out. Silly me! I don't even get to drink PBR this year!

I can't wait to come home Sunday or Monday and relax. I have nothing going on for the next few months except birthing classes, breastfeeding classes, the hospital tour, and baby showers! It's only 9 weeks til Laila is scheduled to arrive and I can't wait! Although I still don't have a nursery ready... but I'll save that for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment