Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hormones, hospital, employment. Oh my!

It's been a pretty eventful week...

Sunday night we drove back from a weekend in Charlotte and arrived in Fayetteville about 10pm. As we pulled into town, I realized I definitely needed to eat or I'd wake up halfway through the night starving. We pulled through a McDonald's drive-thru so I could grab a quick salad. The lady running the drive-thru said,

"Welcome to McDonalds, we are currently out of all ice cream products. May I take your order?" That was fine, I wanted salad...

"Great! Can I have a Southwest Chicken Salad?"

"I'm sorry, we are currently out of all salad products." Seriously??? No ice cream OR salad? Argh, I ordered a quarter pounder meal, but then got pissed off at the last minute and drove off, hoping it would mess up her drive-thru flow. Decided to try Wendys:

"Welcome to Wendys, may I take your order?"

"Yes, please, I'd like a sour cream and chive potato and a Caesar side salad."

"I'm sorry ma'am, we are out of baked potatoes and Caesar dressing."

"Okay, what dressings do you have?"

"All of them"

"I don't know what all of them means..." She then proceeded to list about 792837492837 varieties of salad dressing. I tried to interrupt her but she kept listing for about five minutes. Agitated, I screamed "NEVERMIND!" at the speaker and drove off... and immediately broke into tears. Poor David :( He is truly the most patient Baby Daddy ever. Although he was cracking up at me crying and screaming about a salad, he told me to pull over and he got in the drivers seat and let me cry and wail for a few minutes about how "Ijust wanted a salad! I'm so tired! Why does no one have anything I want?? I'm pregnant! This is a conspiracy against pregnant women! Why should I have to get a burger? Why do they put things on the menu if they don't have them???" He offered to go to the store and make me a salad, but I decided I would be okay. Poor guy. Gotta love pregnancy hormones!

Tuesday night we went to Wal-Mart with a list longer than the Mississippi River. We've been putting off going and were out of EVERYTHING. About 30 minutes into our shopping trip, with a half-full cart, I started having terrible pains in my abdomen. Headed to the bathroom, thought perhaps I was just having a bathroom emergency. I ended up getting sick all over the bathroom, in so much pain that I couldn't hardly hold my phone to text David that something was wrong. We headed to the ER (after walking through Wal-Mart completely covered in vomit--not my proudest moment). Spent about 3 hours at the hospital between the ER and the triage part of Labor and Delivery. We are not 100% sure what happened, but what it looks like is that I passed a kidney stone and the pain in my kidneys from the stone triggered contractions. What fun!! Contractions and kidney stones AT THE SAME TIME! Ouch! I had 6 contractions in 2 hours. By the time I was hooked up to the monitors at the hospital I was okay and the contractions had stopped. I guess the upside to that scary night was that I am now registered and on file at the hospital where I will be delivering! Haha. And I know what to expect at check-in! Thankfully myself and the baby are fine. We are just supposed to take it easy, stay off my feet, and stay hydrated. I'm pretty sure she also said that I needed a weekly massage, facial, and manicure but for some reason David didn't hear that part. Selective hearing, perhaps??

This morning I had a job interview for a nanny position starting in January. The lady I met with is also pregnant and she was super sweet. Her baby is due in November, which will make her two months younger than Laila. If everything works out I will be making a nice monthly sum to watch her baby and my own in their home all day Monday-Wednesday. I'm pretty excited about the prospect of getting to be a full-time mom to my own child while also getting to work. Now I've just got to figure out registration for school and try to get my classes to work with that schedule. If I can finish school, and be a full time mom, and work? That'd be a miracle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment